Deterministic Dungeon Deterministic Dungeon

10/10 better RNG than FTL

PestoForce responds:

It's all your fault! ;-)

Down is Up Down is Up

This is a really solid puzzle/platform game. My only complaint would be how the controls handle when gravity is in any direction besides down. Having inverted left and right when upside down and such is annoying, but I'll probably get used to it soon enough.

Pizza Survivor Pizza Survivor

The collision detection is very odd...

~Sun & Moon~ (DREAMSCAPE PRE-ORDER TRACK) ~Sun & Moon~ (DREAMSCAPE PRE-ORDER TRACK)

Hey, look, I haven't died and stopped making reviews!

First off, I absolutely love the pianos in the beginning. It's incredibly relaxing and just so amazing.

The drums at 0:22 are something I normally wouldn't associate with a relaxing piano piece, but you took it and made it work incredibly well, so props to you for that!

The bass instrument at 1:09 just doesn't fit with the song. It gives off a monotonous, droning feeling and I think a different instrument would have worked much better.

The transition at 1:32 is kinda sudden, but the atmosphere of the part is here is absolutely amazing, although the drum volume probably should be lower than what it is.

The bass instrument at 1:58 is the same one as before, but it sounds much better. I don't know why, but clearly you did something right.

Again, amazing atmosphere at 2:53. You really need to do more songs with this kind of tone!

The instrument at 3:16 is the same as the last 2 times, yet it sounds monotonous and droning again. Maybe it depends on what instruments it's paired with.

I love the little jingle at 3:45, gives the song a bit of extra flair and diversity.

The key changes at 4:14 and 4:26 feel underwhelming, and I think I know why. The key changes sort of give the tone that they're building up to something, and the same old slow drums throughout every key change sort of kills that mood.

And again with that one instrument. It sounds good at 4:59, but bad again at 5:10. I just don't know what it is about that instrument.

Anyway, this song was great to listen to. The electronic sections had a few minor issues like that one instrument and a few ear-piercingly high notes, but the ambient sections were an absolute joy.

4.5/5

Evilgrapez responds:

Thanks for the review! Reading it was really nice. I might make a full song with that kind of tone sometime! The little jingle was just a minor detail I thought I'd add. I'm glad someone noticed it! Anyways, the instrument at 4:59 is a completely different one, actually. It does sound pretty similar to the one before, though. I don't know what's with it, either, really.

Thank you again!

~Fallen Dunes~ (Mharadium & Negativity OST) ~Fallen Dunes~ (Mharadium & Negativity OST)

I really like the atmosphere at the beginning. It seems calming yet unsettling. It's really unique how you managed to do that. Although the claps starting at :46 completely shatter said tension. Oh well. There's nothing wrong with claps, but you don't put them into ambience tracks. You just don't.

The transition leading up to it is weird, but the part at 1:10 sounds really nice. Except for the claps, of course.

The instrument at 1:25 is off-key and it's really bugging me. Please fix ;A;

The part at 1:41 also sounds nice. It's calming and otherworldly. Then the off-key track comes in at 1:56 and ruins everything. IT DOESN'T EVEN HARMONIZE WITH THE SONG GOSH DANG IT MAN

I swear that one track and those claps absolutely destroy the entire feel of the song. It makes me upset, because I like the rest of this song, but those two things are holding it back. And I mean 1.5-star-loss holding it back. If you were to fix those, this song would be a perfect 5. Until then, though... :(

-QJrocks

dangit i was so close

guess it's kinda late to fix those now

maybe ill revisit the song later in a v2 or something

~The Curious Explorer V2~ (Team Newbie Adventure 3: The Quest for True Swagg OST) ~The Curious Explorer V2~ (Team Newbie Adventure 3: The Quest for True Swagg OST)

The first 30 seconds is a pretty good intro, and despite it being that long, it didn't seem repetitive. Props on you for that.

Past that, it just seems a bit empty. The drums at :45 help a but, but still. It isn't until 1:00 until the track picks up again.

And the track goes back to empty at 1:30. There's an effect where it fades back and forth, but I'm not sure if that's good or bad. It was definitely unexpected, though.

And I'm just confused at what happens at 2:04. It doesn't make any sense and is just out of place.

I really like the background instrument added at 2:31. It adds a really cool extra layer of depth and it sounds really nice!

Overall, this song has a nice rhythm, but feels empty at parts.

(Sorry this is a month late, I'm way too good at procrastinating ;A;)

Evilgrapez responds:

I'm just as bad at replying to reviews as you are at being on time for them. :P Thanks for the review! :P